Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello out there!

Hello out there to all of my cyber friends. I hope you are all doing well. Things are good here. My diet is um, well, not going so good. I mean its not horrible, but its not great. I don't own a scale so I can't say if I have lost weight or not. I feel like my pants are not as tight but who knows. I have not had a soda since the 1st of the year, which is really good for me because I had become a pop-a-holic!


Grayce is doing great! Her teacher sent a worksheet home last night for us to do with Grayce. It was optional, but it is to basically see if she is on track with where she should be or if there are certain things she needs to work on. Well there were about 30 or so question/activities for us to do with her on this worksheet and she aced it! She nailed every single one! They were EASY for her and she seemed bored. A few examples. Can your child count to 15? HELLO...she can count to 100. Then there was one that asked us to write her name and then have her copy it. Well Grayce has been able to write her own name for about two years now...just recently learned to write her last name as well. The very last question was to us. Is there anything about your child's learning that worries you? My answer: Yes, I am afraid she will be bored when she goes to Kindergarten next year. Her teacher told me today that Grayce was ready for Kindergarten months ago. I am not sure where she gets her "smarts" from but I have to say it made me very proud to be her mommy. Right now she is in her room scrap booking...yes she is scrap booking. She LOVES projects. Any kind! When I made my own Christmas cards, she was right there with me. She is very creative!


We are looking to move in the beginning of March. We were going to buy a house, but have decided that renting another year would most likely be our best bet. I hope to be able to find a house to rent though as apposed to another apartment. If we have to take another apartment then that is fine, but I would prefer a house. I want a yard. I think we are 99% sure we are going to move to the town where my folks live. It is only the town over from where we are now...about five minutes. So it won't be a huge move, but a move nonetheless. I am not looking forward to moving us off of this third floor apartment for sure! That is going to be awful...but not as awful as moving in I am guessing. Going down HAS to be better than going up!


Well that is what is going on with us...nothing too exciting! But I will leave you with some cuteness! This is a picture from Halloween that my mom's neighbor took (but we just got to see it last week). It is one of my new faves! Her eyes just capture me in this picture (although it seems to have lost the luster when online). She got her daddy's eyes that is for sure!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

She's such a cutie!!
I hope your move goes well and I'll keep you in my prayers to find the perfect location!!

Myshel said...

I just LOVE the pic, she looks like a princess. Thanks for posting on my blog. I hope some time soon, I can catch a break. But hopefully since I caught it soon, it wont get as bad as Ashlyn. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Beth's Blog said...

Good luck with all your new happenings! It sounds like the start of an exciting new year!

I Love the picture! She's beautiful! :)